TUPV Comptech Speaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUPV Comptech Speaks

An online forum hosted by TUPV Computer Engineering Technology.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Need members!!
Slipknot's Biography I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:19 am by Admin

» MODULATORS!!!(must read)
Slipknot's Biography I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:15 am by Admin

» EARN MONEY FAST AND EASY!!!
Slipknot's Biography I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:26 pm by cryhmahri

» Friendster... Add mE uP!
Slipknot's Biography I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:59 pm by alzkie

» Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen
Slipknot's Biography I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:29 pm by Admin

» SONY ERICSSON SATIO "Iduo"
Slipknot's Biography I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 am by RiNe_06

» iPod shuffle with voiceOver
Slipknot's Biography I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:02 am by RiNe_06

» H1N1 (swine flu)
Slipknot's Biography I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:08 pm by joan

» It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software
Slipknot's Biography I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 4:02 pm by Lanasa21

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Disclaimer Rules
Slipknot's Biography I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:02 am by Admin
Section A - DISCLAIMER
This site does not store any files on its server. All contents are provided by non-affiliated third parties.
Section A.1 - NOTICE
The Staff of this forum takes no responsibility or liability for anything that happens as a result of reading and/or downloading anything from this forum.
Section I - GENERAL POLITENESS
Section I.1 - A "Thank You" if a post has …

Comments: 2
Forum Terms of Service
Slipknot's Biography I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:03 am by Admin
Forum Terms of service
The moderators of this forum will try hard to edit or remove reprehensible messages as soon as possible. However, it is impossible for them to review all the messages. You thus admit that all the messages posted on this forum express the sight and opinion of their respective authors and not those of the moderators or the Webmaster (except messages posted by them) and …

Comments: 0
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 186 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:01 pm
Top posters
Admin
Slipknot's Biography I_vote_lcapSlipknot's Biography I_voting_barSlipknot's Biography I_vote_rcap 
cryhmahri
Slipknot's Biography I_vote_lcapSlipknot's Biography I_voting_barSlipknot's Biography I_vote_rcap 
joan
jkarlo88
RiNe_06
forzaken
julie1014
DeFtOnEs
july26bep
Rey

Slipknot's Biography

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Slipknot's Biography Empty
PostSubject: Slipknot's Biography   Slipknot's Biography I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 12:18 am

Slipknot is an American heavy metal band from Des Moines, Iowa, formed in 1995. Slipknot consists of nine members. The current band members are Sid Wilson, Joey Jordison, Paul Gray, Chris Fehn, Jim Root, Craig Jones, Shawn Crahan, Mick Thomson, and Corey Taylor. The band's line-up has remained unchanged since 1999. Each member of the band wears a unique mask.

Slipknot formed in 1995 and underwent several line-up changes following the independent release of Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat. in 1996. Their self-titled debut studio album was released in 1999 and was followed by Iowa in 2001 and Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) in 2004. On August 25, 2008, the band returned to release their fourth studio album, All Hope Is Gone, which debuted at the top spot on the Billboard 200 charts. The band has released three DVDs including 2002's Disasterpieces, which was certified quadruple-platinum in the United States.

Early years (1995–1998)
Early formations of a band were beginning to form as early as 1992 with the core band members, drummer Shawn Crahan, vocalist Anders Colsefini, and bassist Paul Gray enlisting the help of guitarists Donnie Steele and Quan Nong.[1]

In September 1995, the band The Pale Ones was created comprising Crahan on drums, Gray on bass, Colsefini on vocals and guitarist Steele.[2] Joey Jordison joined the band shortly after, taking up the role of drummer and, subsequently, Crahan moved to percussion.[3] The band continued to develop their vision of what the band would be, deciding to add a second guitarist, recruiting Josh Brainard and moving Colsefini to percussion along with lead vocals.[4] The band played their first live performance under the name of Meld on December 4, 1995 at a club called Crowbar in Des Moines.[5] Soon after, Jordison suggested renaming the band "Slipknot" after their song that eventually appeared on Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat..[6] The band also began experimenting with their image, wearing grotesque make up and eventually the anti-image concept developed towards the members wearing masks.[7] Up until this point, the band had remained mainly obscured due to their desire to wait until their music was fully developed.[6]

All Hope Is Gone (2008–present)
Slipknot has released their fourth studio album All Hope Is Gone on August 20, 2008. it is the first Slipknot album to ever peak at number 1 on the Billboard 200.[63][64] Preparation for the album started in October 2007 with recording pushed back to February 2008.[65] For this release the band has expressed an interest in making it their heaviest album to date with an expansion of the thrash metal riffing introduced on Vol. 3.[66] However, they also want to make it their most experimental record, and will be including more acoustic guitars and melodic vocals, as well as introducing hi-hats and cymbals to the additional percussion.[67][68] The album will be the band's first work with Dave Fortman as producer.[69] Along with the album, the band have debuted "evolved" masks and uniforms, which match the style of the new album.[70] Slipknot will headline the first ever Mayhem Festival festival in July and August 2008.[71] The band was scheduled to play in the Reading and Leeds Festivals in August 2008, but was forced to cancel after drummer Joey Jordison broke his ankle.[72]

Slipknot also toured Australia, Japan, Europe and the UK in the latter months of 2008, with the bands Machine Head and Children of Bodom opening at their concerts.[73] The UK dates were announced on August 20, for an early December tour.[74] Slipknot were also forced to cancel their show in Israel, due to 2 of the members having family problems, it was stated by Corey that the show would be rescheduled to the tour.[75] It was also stated in an interview by Jim Root that "Were just going to tour our asses off and then we are going to figure out how to sneak out some of the music that we created, that didn't make it to the record." making it a possibility of All Hope Is Gone being re-released, similar to their self-titled album.[76]
Back to top Go down
https://comptechspeaks.forumotion.com

Slipknot's Biography
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TUPV Comptech Speaks :: Music Stuffs :: Foreign Artist and Bands-
Jump to: