TUPV Comptech Speaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUPV Comptech Speaks

An online forum hosted by TUPV Computer Engineering Technology.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Need members!!
Common Cause of Insomia I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:19 am by Admin

» MODULATORS!!!(must read)
Common Cause of Insomia I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:15 am by Admin

» EARN MONEY FAST AND EASY!!!
Common Cause of Insomia I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:26 pm by cryhmahri

» Friendster... Add mE uP!
Common Cause of Insomia I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:59 pm by alzkie

» Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen
Common Cause of Insomia I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:29 pm by Admin

» SONY ERICSSON SATIO "Iduo"
Common Cause of Insomia I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 am by RiNe_06

» iPod shuffle with voiceOver
Common Cause of Insomia I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:02 am by RiNe_06

» H1N1 (swine flu)
Common Cause of Insomia I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:08 pm by joan

» It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software
Common Cause of Insomia I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 4:02 pm by Lanasa21

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Disclaimer Rules
Common Cause of Insomia I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:02 am by Admin
Section A - DISCLAIMER
This site does not store any files on its server. All contents are provided by non-affiliated third parties.
Section A.1 - NOTICE
The Staff of this forum takes no responsibility or liability for anything that happens as a result of reading and/or downloading anything from this forum.
Section I - GENERAL POLITENESS
Section I.1 - A "Thank You" if a post has …

Comments: 2
Forum Terms of Service
Common Cause of Insomia I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:03 am by Admin
Forum Terms of service
The moderators of this forum will try hard to edit or remove reprehensible messages as soon as possible. However, it is impossible for them to review all the messages. You thus admit that all the messages posted on this forum express the sight and opinion of their respective authors and not those of the moderators or the Webmaster (except messages posted by them) and …

Comments: 0
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 186 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:01 pm
Top posters
Admin
Common Cause of Insomia I_vote_lcapCommon Cause of Insomia I_voting_barCommon Cause of Insomia I_vote_rcap 
cryhmahri
Common Cause of Insomia I_vote_lcapCommon Cause of Insomia I_voting_barCommon Cause of Insomia I_vote_rcap 
joan
jkarlo88
RiNe_06
forzaken
julie1014
DeFtOnEs
july26bep
Rey

Common Cause of Insomia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Common Cause of Insomia Empty
PostSubject: Common Cause of Insomia   Common Cause of Insomia I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:15 pm

1. Caffeine. Some people get jittery after a single cup of coffee and others can drink gallons with no discernable effect. In some situations, drinking moderate amounts of caffeine (which includes tea and cola, by the way) seems to have no effect until you've been at it for several days in a row. If I can't sleep and don't have a pressing reason for anxiety, I think back over the past several days and unusually realize I've been hitting the iced tea by the gallon. Leaving it alone for a few days usually puts things right again.

2. Stress. If you're worried or tense, insomnia comes along as part of the package. You can try a couple of techniques to relieve your tension enough to get to sleep.

a. Promise yourself you'll deal with whatever it is the very first thing in the morning. If you're like me, putting off paying a bill or making an unpleasant phone call can worry at me until I can't sleep. Promising to solve the problem helps you to temporarily shelve it (but you'd better keep that promise, or you'll never trust yourself again!)
b. Setting aside a daily time for worry can help you contain it. Take ten minutes out of each day and worry like crazy. Make lists of the things you're agonizing over, then rate each item from 1-10 on a "likelihood of happening" scale. When you find yourself worrying at other times of the day or night, remind yourself that you'll worry tomorrow, at 3PM and set it aside.

c. Imagine yourself taking a bundle of worries and locking them inside a cabinet. Take your time and be thorough. They may try to wiggle away or sneak out, but gather them all together. You may decide to put rubber bands around them or have them sedated. You might want to tie them together and roll them up like a fire hose. Be as creative as you can when picturing your worries and the way you're going to handle them. Will you stow them in an iron-bound trunk? A cedar chest? A garage or barn? Visualize the type of lock you'll use and see yourself locking the door or cabinet. Sometimes, just elaborating on this exercise is enough to put yourself to sleep.

d. If nothing you try seems to work, consider visiting a therapist to help you learn more about reducing your anxiety. Medications have proven very effective.

4. Hormones. Insomnia can result from hormonal fluctuations. Keeping an insomnia diary can help you figure out if sleeplessness is linked to your menstrual cycle. Sleeplessness is also one of the symptoms of menopause. If you're generally content with the way your hormones are performing, you may choose to induce sleep by having an extra glass of wine at night, or a hot bath. If hormones are causing you real problems, try herbal remedies or go have a chat with your ob-gyn about the latest in the medical community's understanding about women's sexual health.
5. Sugar. Eating late snacks or desserts can cause insomnia as your blood sugar races around trying to find something to do. Replace sweets with sugar-free snacks and see if it helps. Eating a meal late at night can also cause insomnia, either because of the rise in blood sugar or because trying to sleep before your meal is fully assimilated can give you indigestion.

6. Exercise. Studies have shown that when people exercise later in the evening, they also tend to have a harder time getting to sleep.

7. Too much alcohol. If you drink a lot, sleeplessness occurs when the body rebounds from the depressant effect of alcohol on the central nervous system. This happens to chronic alcoholics, but also to people who don't usually drink much but make an exception at a bachelor party and have more than a couple. Typically, alcohol makes us sleepy, but as the alcohol is metabolized by the body, the change wakes us up. Too much sugar can work the same way in reverse, first making us high and lively, then sending the blood sugar into a crashing low. Sugar is often a major cause of sleeplessness in children. They get hopped up on popsicles and won't go down for a nap. When a grown-up tries to get them to nap anyway, the blood sugar crash comes along, and the result is a screeching, wailing, but exhausted child. Fun stuff, huh!

------------TINGALA KO MAN KAY--------------
Now I know...

#7 gd guro nag igo sa akon.....bwahehehehee...
Back to top Go down
https://comptechspeaks.forumotion.com

Common Cause of Insomia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TUPV Comptech Speaks :: Discussion Lounge :: Lifestyle and Fashion Lounge-
Jump to: