TUPV Comptech Speaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUPV Comptech Speaks

An online forum hosted by TUPV Computer Engineering Technology.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Need members!!
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:19 am by Admin

» MODULATORS!!!(must read)
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:15 am by Admin

» EARN MONEY FAST AND EASY!!!
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:26 pm by cryhmahri

» Friendster... Add mE uP!
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:59 pm by alzkie

» Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:29 pm by Admin

» SONY ERICSSON SATIO "Iduo"
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 am by RiNe_06

» iPod shuffle with voiceOver
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:02 am by RiNe_06

» H1N1 (swine flu)
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:08 pm by joan

» It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 4:02 pm by Lanasa21

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Disclaimer Rules
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:02 am by Admin
Section A - DISCLAIMER
This site does not store any files on its server. All contents are provided by non-affiliated third parties.
Section A.1 - NOTICE
The Staff of this forum takes no responsibility or liability for anything that happens as a result of reading and/or downloading anything from this forum.
Section I - GENERAL POLITENESS
Section I.1 - A "Thank You" if a post has …

Comments: 2
Forum Terms of Service
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:03 am by Admin
Forum Terms of service
The moderators of this forum will try hard to edit or remove reprehensible messages as soon as possible. However, it is impossible for them to review all the messages. You thus admit that all the messages posted on this forum express the sight and opinion of their respective authors and not those of the moderators or the Webmaster (except messages posted by them) and …

Comments: 0
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 186 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:01 pm
Top posters
Admin
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_vote_lcapIt Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_voting_barIt Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_vote_rcap 
cryhmahri
It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_vote_lcapIt Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_voting_barIt Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_vote_rcap 
joan
jkarlo88
RiNe_06
forzaken
julie1014
DeFtOnEs
july26bep
Rey

It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lanasa21
CTSpeaks Members
CTSpeaks Members

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-27

It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software Empty
PostSubject: It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software   It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 4:02 pm

Although access keys are also meant to help blind users as well, they are for the most part useless to them. Most commercial screen reader software basically takes over the keyboard and redefines most of the useful keys to some other purpose.

This redefinition usually conflict with the access keys supported by the browser.

However, in this case, Web design services don't need to get up in arms over the issue. If you have tried any of the commercial screen readers, you will probably have noticed that they have some very useful keyboard shortcuts that make surfing with a screen reader very much easier. Their keyboard shortcuts provide better functionality than any you can create using the brain-dead access key facility, so the fact that they nullify your access keys is not going to be a loss to your users.

In other words, access keys are irrelevant to blind users.

To sum up: Access keys need to be standardized to be useful but cannot be standardized if they are to be useful. They are meant for people with mobility problems and blind users, but are a hinderance for people with mobility problems and are useless to blind users.

There isn't much a webmaster can do with access keys that can make it really useful.
Back to top Go down

It Conflicts with Screen Reader Software
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TUPV Comptech Speaks :: Everything Computers :: Hardware & Software Tricks-
Jump to: